Study Abroad Programs

How to Apply

Study Abroad at UCLA

Study Abroad at UCLA: How to Apply

女人隐私图片不加密International students must apply to the Study Abroad at UCLA program through specific study abroad consulting offices. See the tab on "Help with Your Application" for a representative near you. 

To enroll in Study Abroad at UCLA, you must be at least 18 years of age before the start of the program, enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program at your home university, and submit the following:

女人隐私图片不加密 A photocopy of your current, valid passport.

University Transcript
女人隐私图片不加密 Submit an English translation of your university transcript with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4-point scale or the equivalent. Consult your university or your study abroad consultant for GPA conversion tables for the grading system in your country.

English Language Proficiency

  • Submit an official Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL-iBT) score of 91 or higher, an Academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 7 or higher or an International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP) score of 5 or higher.
  • Scores must have been achieved within 24 months of your application date.
  • Students with a TOEFL score between 91–99 are required to enroll in ESL X 433 C, a credit-bearing English class designed to support students’ success in academic courses. Students with a TOEFL score more than 100 are exempt from this requirement.

Proposed Study Plan
A list of courses you want to take at UCLA or UCLA Extension.

Financial Certification
Proof that you or your sponsor are financially capable of meeting the minimum funds required for this program.

女人隐私图片不加密Submit all items below:

  • A completed Study Abroad at UCLA Enrollment Application
  • Application fee payment confirmation: A copy of the enrollment confirmation for the nonrefundable $300 application fee. You will receive this confirmation by email when you pay the application fee online.
  • Passport: A photocopy of your passport page clearly showing your name, date of birth, and photograph (if applicable, a clear copy of your spouse’s / dependents’ passport page(s) if they will come with an F-2 visa)
  • Financial certification documents: Verification of Bank Funds (must be in English) dated within 60 days from the date your application is received - or - Sponsor Statement (must be in English if bank funds are not your own)
  • A completed and signed Proposed Study Plan
  • Proof of English language proficiency: TOEFL or IELTS test results. Official TOEFL iBT results can be sent by TOEFL to UCLA Extension (School Code 4910-0000); For Academic IELTS results, send to UCLA Extension directly.
  • Official university transcripts in English
  • Completed  (download, fill out, and sign before sending)

女人隐私图片不加密For F-1 visa students transferring from another school in the U.S. only:

  • A signed transfer letter from the school you have been attending (with the beginning and end dates of attendance and your SEVIS I-20 release date)
  • A copy of your most recent I-20
  • A copy of your F-1 visa and your spouse’s/dependents’ F-1 or F-2 visa and your I-94 card

To Apply:

Please complete the online application form, pay the application fee, and email all other required supporting documents to

女人隐私图片不加密If you are in the Los Angeles area and would like to apply in person, please call (310) 825-9068 to arrange an appointment.


女人隐私图片不加密Please Note:

女人隐私图片不加密Payment of the program fee is due 6 weeks before the start of the program.

女人隐私图片不加密International students must apply to the Study Abroad at UCLA program through specific study abroad consulting offices. See the tab on "Help with Your Application" to learn more.

Contact Us

The American Language Center at UCLA Extension has program representatives that speak a number of languages. Email us or call +13108259068 for questions or help with your application.

Overseas Representatives

女人隐私图片不加密If you and your family would like to work with a local representative in your native language, the Study Abroad at UCLA program has representatives in many countries that can help you with your application. 

Active representatives, listed by their specialized regions and countries:


Contact: Carol Carmody


Contact: Monica de Fischmann


Contact: Daniel Gu

Contact: Hanks Han


Contact: Mathilde Kure


Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden

Contact: Desiree Laszlofi


JM Consulting
Contact: Joy Martin


Contact: Kathleen Schuenemeyer


Contact: Margherita Morretta


Contact: Mikio Takano

Contact: Shinji Moriyama

North America

Contact: Olen Anderson

Contact: Oksana Barchuk

South America

Contact: Nelson Aliaga


Contact: Cristina Gonzalez Linares


Contact: Eva Axelsson Engstrom

Contact: Lars Garvik


Contact: Patricia Perrot


Contact: Suna Coskun

Contact: Yesim Sonmez

United Kingdom

Contact: Barry Lee Scherer


Please Note: Admission to Study Abroad at UCLA, UCLA Extension, and/or individual UCLA courses does not constitute admission to UCLA or any UCLA degree program.


Contact Study Abroad

Speak to a program representative. Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm.

Learn more about our international programs.


vector icon of building

Corporate Education

Learn how we can help your organization meet its professional development goals and corporate training needs.

Learn More

vector icon of building

Donate to UCLA Extension

女人隐私图片不加密Support our many efforts to reach communities in need.